“First-class steroid users” use them over several years and without interruption. The point is simply that they constantly have to be ready for various championships, to be in shape for all sorts of performances and photography, this requires sacrifice. I recall in this connection Mat Mendenhall. He had the potential to be the best bodybuilder of all time. And yet numerous steroids nullified him before he could win the national title – a goal that he set for himself. Phil Hill is another athlete who had to pay with his health for the duration of steroid use required at this level. After he, like a rocket, ascended to the height of glory today about him and not heard. James Demelo showed hope as a national champion, but did not achieve this due to the large number of steroids. If I am not mistaken, now he is trying to return, but already as a “bodybuilder” – happily friend. Franca Santariello suffered a serious defeat after his success at the age of a teenager, before he was able to win the national title. I heard that because of the steroids, he is completely ill. Some believe that this is not the case with professionals. Numerous professional bodybuilders, athletes of national teams, all of them are in a similar situation. Their entire program is too saturated to afford a break for rest. Since their success depends on the “top form”, steroids must be taken unconditionally for a whole year. “(From Anabolica Handbook, 6th ed., 1991, U. Nathaniel Phillips, excerpts from a speech from a former bodybuilding professional,
The reasons why athletes voluntarily stop taking steroids are very different. One of the main speakers in favor of such a pause is, of course, various damage to health. Some stop out of habit, because heard that after 12 weeks there should be a similar break in steroid use. Others – due to limited financial resources or before doping control. Often due to the decreased effects of the drug on the body, and due to the decreasing scale of growth, which become noticeable in the majority after a few weeks of taking the drug. And almost all the athletes in this scenario are at a loss: the sending weeks are felt with mixed feelings, because they do not know what awaits them, but those who have already had experience in this (sometimes negative) know too well that there will again be the same thing. And these fears are justified, t. Q. Most athletes get the classic symptoms of steroid discontinuation, such as: weight loss, reduced strength, muscle atrophy, and increased fat accumulation. For some, this leads to depression, unwillingness to train. Why? Yes, it’s simple: the athlete enters the catabolic phase. And here he has to struggle with two problems, which he obediently must solve in the following weeks, which allows him to start taking steroids again in the shortest possible time. This is understandable: own testosterone production is reduced and the scale of the process depends on the duration of steroids intake and especially on the dose. The more androgenic the steroid, the stronger the inhibitory effect on testosterone production. On the first place among steroids are testosterone, Dianabol and Anadrol. With more moderate (Deca, Primobolan, Winstrol, etc.) a) the scale of a possible decrease in testosterone production is not only less, but also itself (decrease) occurs more slowly and more gradually. With Dianabol, for example, studies have shown that even with a conservative dosage of 20 mg per day, after 10 days, production is reduced by 30 – 40%. Since the body can not once again raise the level of production of its own hormones, the athlete enters a critical phase of transition. The effects of exogenous hormones are no longer present, and own testosterone levels contribute little to improving the situation. Therefore, it is worth as soon as possible to again increase the production of testosterone. As far as possible we will describe in the future. that even with a conservative dosage of 20 mg per day after 10 days, the production is reduced by 30 – 40%. Since the body can not once again raise the level of production of its own hormones, the athlete enters a critical phase of transition. The effects of exogenous hormones are no longer present, and own testosterone levels contribute little to improving the situation. Therefore, it is worth as soon as possible to again increase the production of testosterone. As far as possible we will describe in the future. that even with a conservative dosage of 20 mg per day after 10 days, the production is reduced by 30 – 40%. Since the body can not once again raise the level of production of its own hormones, the athlete enters a critical phase of transition. The effects of exogenous hormones are no longer present, and own testosterone levels contribute little to improving the situation. Therefore, it is worth as soon as possible to again increase the production of testosterone. As far as possible we will describe in the future.
The second problem is a significant loss achieved by an athlete when taking steroids. We know that steroids have a strong anti-catabolic effect. While taking steroids, the steroid molecules block the cortisol receptors, so that the kidney-produced cortisol cannot contact them and for the most part remains in an inactive state. The body reacts to this by producing more cortisol receptors so that incredibly large amounts of cortisol in the blood can finally accomplish their task. And it’s not so scary if an athlete takes steroids systematically. But if the steroid intake is stopped, the cortisol receptors are free again and know what to do with the numerous cortisol molecules in the blood. They rush to the cortisol receptors, they form a molecule – receptor complex and carry information that is not at all pleasing to the athlete’s muscle cell: the breakdown of amino acids. They (amino acids) leave the muscle cell, enter the bloodstream, where they are converted into glucose. What happens later is already listed in other paragraphs. Thus, the second task of the athlete, along with increasing the level of testosterone production is to reduce the level of cortisol to a portable one. And this with the appropriate knowledge is possible. How? Readers will find out more. In the following, we describe a meaningful step-by-step transition in the termination of steroid use. However, we would like to emphasize that this information cannot give a full guarantee that the athlete will not lose anything from what has been achieved. They (amino acids) leave the muscle cell, enter the bloodstream, where they are converted into glucose. What happens later is already listed in other paragraphs. Thus, the second task of the athlete, along with increasing the level of testosterone production is to reduce the level of cortisol to a portable one. And this with the appropriate knowledge is possible. How? Readers will find out more. In the following, we describe a meaningful step-by-step transition in the termination of steroid use. However, we would like to emphasize that this information cannot give a full guarantee that the athlete will not lose anything from what has been achieved. They (amino acids) leave the muscle cell, enter the bloodstream, where they are converted into glucose. What happens later is already listed in other paragraphs. Thus, the second task of the athlete, along with increasing the level of testosterone production is to reduce the level of cortisol to a portable one. And this with the appropriate knowledge is possible. How? Readers will find out more. In the following, we describe a meaningful step-by-step transition in the termination of steroid use. However, we would like to emphasize that this information cannot give a full guarantee that the athlete will not lose anything from what has been achieved. along with an increase in testosterone production is a reduction in cortisol to a tolerable level. And this with the appropriate knowledge is possible. How? Readers will find out more. In the following, we describe a meaningful step-by-step transition in the termination of steroid use. However, we would like to emphasize that this information cannot give a full guarantee that the athlete will not lose anything from what has been achieved. along with an increase in testosterone production is a reduction in cortisol to a tolerable level. And this with the appropriate knowledge is possible. How? Readers will find out more. In the following, we describe a meaningful step-by-step transition in the termination of steroid use. However, we would like to emphasize that this information cannot give a full guarantee that the athlete will not lose anything from what has been achieved.
- It is important for an athlete to determine in advance when he will take a break in taking medications in order to prepare for this. This means the timely acquisition of the necessary supporting drugs, as well as the search for the right psychological attitude to a possible fiasco.
- Work on Day X slowly and systematically. Approximately 4 weeks later the athlete should reduce the intake of highly antigenic steroids. If pills are taken, well, for example, Dianabol or Anadrol, their number is slowly and systematically reduced within 14 days, so that the administration of mainly androgenic steroid tablets is stopped exactly 2 weeks before day X. Injections to zero within 4 weeks, so that their reception ends only on Day X. Soft oral steroids like Primobolan, Winstrol, Oxandrolone, Oral-Turinabol, etc., are slowly and systematically reduced in 14 days her until the day of X, as long as 2 weeks of their appointment will not be reduced to zero. With softer, injectable steroids such as Deca-Durabolin,
- Avoid removing all steroids at the same time. Because of this, the body dramatically enters the catabolic phase. Cortisol receptors are released, and in combination with low testosterone and androgen levels, this leads to significant weight loss and strength, fat and water accumulation, and frequent gynecomastia, because a suddenly reduced level of androgens shifts the ratio in favor of estrogen, as a result of which the latter become dominant in the male body. The reluctance to train and lack of sexual interest, as well as the terrible state of mind of many athletes, are especially striking. If you are forced to do this for health reasons, then especially never stop taking steroids suddenly.
- If an athlete is not yet taking anti-estrogens, he should start taking them in the last week of phasing out steroids and use them for 3 consecutive weeks every day. Athletes who have received them already for weeks to day X, continue to receive them for a specified time (3 subsequent weeks). A weekly combination of 20 mg of Nolvadex and 25 mg of Proviron, judging by experience, is sufficient; it corresponds to the purpose of administration. When an athlete does not have an excess of estrogens, an important factor to which attention should be paid when final intake of testosterone stimulantstype HCG, because HCG often increases the level of estrogen in the blood. The androgenic action contained in Proviron also additionally contributes to the restoration of androgen levels, so the ratio of “androgens to estrogens” has shifted towards the first-named ones. The possibility of the opposite effect as the use of the anti-estrogen combination stops is significantly reduced with the help of Proviron.
- To increase the production of endogenous testosterone, the athlete takes on the one hand HCG, which by direct and rapid exposure stimulates the germ cells of the testicles, on the other hand of Dieneric, which has a full effect on the hypothalamus-pituitary-testes arc, bringing it back into action, but for a longer time interval. Acceptance of HCG begins in the last weeks of stopping steroids. The athlete injects himself with 3 injections of 5000 IU in 3 days. Finally, another 3 injections of 5000 IU every 5 days. After 3 injections of HCG, the administration of the dineric begins, since its gonadotropin-stimulating effect is better manifested when pre-activated enhanced testicular activity. Dinerik is used for more than 2 weeks, daily, 2 tablets of 50 mg in the first week and 1 TBl. on 50 mg a day during the second week of its reception. Clause 5 of women naturally does not apply.
- This information is useful if the athlete could not avoid the catabolic effect of elevated cortisol levels. A drug that carries with it a pronounced anti-catabolic effect, beta-2-sympathetic Clenbuterol. It successfully blocks cortisol receptors, so that the athlete, judging by experience, retains most of the strength and muscle mass built with steroids. Since Clenbuterol intake begins directly as the steroid course ends, it lasts over 8 to 10 weeks (see also Clenbuterol). Another sympathetic drug that also has an anti-catabolic effect, less potent than Clenbuterol, is Ephedrine. The drug most suitable in this situation is a drug used in conventional medicine to treat Kaming’s syndrome, hyperfunction of the adrenal cortex, because of which the body produces too much cortisol. Those who have carefully read the book, know what it is about: oriental. Since it greatly lowers cortisol, athletes use it immediately as the steroid course ends (see also oriental). Some athletes use thyroid hormones in this phase because they possess in insignificant doses at their short application anabolic action. Their effect is greatly enhanced by the anti-catabolic effect of Clenbuterol, which explains why this combination is used in the final phase. The introduction of growth hormones or medications that stimulate them, such as Kataprezana or L-Dona, makes little sense, because These agents do not have a strong anti-catabolic effect. What you can forget is the use of ornithine and arginine, because they are absolutely not effective. Proceed from the consideration that medicated muscle can be saved.
- Adjust the power to the changed circumstances. At the end of steroids, the metabolism returns to normal. This means that the athlete must reduce their daily calories in a few days. But the intake of protein remains high: 2 mg of protein per kg of body weight per day.
- Reduce the amount of training. Avoid the same program as when taking steroids, otherwise the catabolic state will be aggravated. In no case should an athlete come up with the idea of preserving muscles through enhanced training in terms of their volume and intensity, since This behavior has a negative effect. Limit yourself to basic exercises, train each muscle, once a week and try to maintain strength. Exercise no more than 4 times a week with a limit of training in 60 – 75 minutes. Some “experts” claim that the athlete should avoid basic exercises for a certain time and offer instead light weight with many repetitions. Reality has repeatedly shown, you can save the accumulated strength and weight with the presence of will, discipline, vanity.
In addition to the use of steroids, a successful transition between courses is the only possibility of constant improvements. Often, of course, you need to take a step back, then be able to take 2 steps forward. This is quite normal, and therefore this is not going anywhere. To increase with the help of steroids – this may be the majority, but only a few are able to save the results. A well-conducted phase out phase, combined with a meaningful transition time, helps to preserve what has been achieved and to create a basis for the further successful administration of steroids. The chapter “Meaningful construction of training” and the chapter “Importance of nutrition” do not represent practical value for serious athletes.
- General information.
- Braking of the periodal regular circle.
- Water-salt retention.
- The phenomenon of feminization.
- Changing the oily skin.
- Mental changes.
- Gastrointestinal disorders.
- Cardiovascular Disorder.
- The phenomenon of virilization.
- Growth retardation
- Prostate enlargement.
- High blood pressure.
- Heart enlargement.
- Weakening of the immune system.
- Damage to the kidneys.
Anabolic / androgenic steroids cause a very negative attitude in the public and in the media. Along with the ethical and moral accusations against them, many terrible side effects are attributed to them.
Unfortunately, the media, due to the focus of their actions on the sensation, give out a significant amount of false information. In the course of the anti-steroid company, there are examples of cases of diseases that steroids result in, which are documented in the scientific literature, and are intended to intimidate and caution in order to show what fate awaits those who take these medicines. The fact that they are silent here for propaganda purposes is that in these cases we are talking about patients who, before steroid therapy, suffered from significant health problems, in part even terrible violations.
In essence, steroids are sold only by prescription, in addition, these are drugs, medicines that affect various psychological processes, and, therefore, have potential side effects. In the definition of “side effects” you need to distinguish between toxic and hormone-related side effects. This important division is omitted by the official side, partly out of sheer ignorance, and most often intentionally, since Only in this way is it possible to spread incredible sensational facts and false information.
The toxic side effects of anabolic / androgenic steroids include potential effects on the liver. They can be expressed in a variety of abnormal liver function. In the literature, there are cases when the occurrence of cholestasis (stagnation of bile in the liver), hepatitis Peliosis (blood-filled caverns of the liver tissue, cysts) and liver carcinomas have been associated with the use of anabolic / androgenic steroids. Nevertheless, it is important that these forms of manifestation were encountered only in patients who used long-acting steroid therapy and before the first steroid intake in their life began to become significantly impaired liver function, as well as other serious diseases of the internal organs.
Further, it is striking that in this case, the steroid therapy taken was composed almost entirely of 17-alpha, oral androgenic steroids, all alone. During the course of therapy, the potentially toxic chemicals to the liver, Methyltestosterone and Oxandrolone, were taken without interruption for several years. An indication that steroids cause similar side effects in healthy athletes could be taken into account only in very few cases that do not have statistical confirmation and do not give any conclusions regarding the expected damage to the liver while taking steroids. . “Once a parallel is drawn between steroids and tumor diseases, there is not a single report where testosterone or testosterone ester is responsible for liver carcinoma. The reason has always been the androgens / anabolics with the 17-alpha component of the steroid molecule alkylated … And testosterone and its esters seem to be non-toxic (or low toxic) to the liver … Toxic damage to the liver: as mentioned above, they should be expected only from alkylated 17-alpha variants … With the right choice of the drug there is no danger here “, (from” Doping – illicit drugs in sports “, Dirk Klazing, Manfred Donike, etc., pp. 60 and 63). And here it should be more emphasize that almost all damage has been recorded in people who have received a prescription from a doctor to take steroids for the treatment of already existing, serious diseases.
Anyone who would like to avoid a possible risk should refuse to take all 17-alpha-steroids. Since There can be no question of a complete rejection of the above steroids for most athletes; attention should be paid to certain limitations on the duration of their administration and dosages. Long-term athletes therefore take regular breaks in taking medications when they completely discontinue the use of all steroids or switch to another, potentially non-toxic to the liver drug (most often injectable). Often, a “problematic” steroid is combined with one or several “soft” ones, so that, due to their combined effect on the body, the dose of the “strong” drug should be kept at a moderate level,
In conclusion, we can say that serious toxic side effects occur mainly in individuals already sick, who also carried out long-term therapy with steroids, alkylated 17-alpha. Regular testing of liver parameters by a qualified physician is still recommended, at least when using oral steroids, for each athlete.
The second category of possible undesirable side effects when taking a / a steroids is called “hormone-related side effects.” These are side effects that can occur in healthy athletes in a more or less strong manifestation. But here, too, differentiation is needed: by age, by sex, because children, adolescents and women are more sensitive to exogenous hormone intake than adult men. Since however, some side effects are observed in both men and women and adolescents; we have abandoned this differentiation by sex and age. The following information describes some of the most frequent hormone-related side effects that occur in connection with the use of steroids.
A / a steroids have a inhibitory effect on the arc “hypothalamus – pituitary – testicles” (see chapter: Meaning and functions of testosterone). Normal testicular function is suppressed, resulting in reduced testosterone production, reduced spermatogenesis and testicular atrophy. The magnitude of the effect depends on the duration of the intake, the type of steroids taken and their dosage. Often suppressed at the beginning of steroids, increased libido decreases with time and may return to normal. Thanks to the introduction of testosterone-stimulating drugs such as HCG, for example, these problems can be avoided or reduced. At the end of steroids, HCG helps to re-activate the activity of the testicles.
It remains to be noted that these side effects are completely reversible. “… in all cases, after the discontinuation of androgen / anabolic steroids, restitution by ad-integram occurred (restoration of the previous state, author’s bookmark), namely, in relation to gonadropine, testicular size, endogenous testosterone synthesis and spermatogenesis (!). Conclusion: impact androgenic / anabolic steroids on the gonodal regular circle are reversible. Infertility (impaired fertility or inability to conceive) is not terrible and does not require treatment. Athlete’s illness to become “fruitless of anabolic steroids is not justified”, (from ping – illicit drugs in sports “, Dirk Klazing, Manfred Donike et al., p. 61).
Most steroids cause impaired water and electrolyte balance in the body. As a result, there is an increased accumulation of water and sodium, which is expressed in tissue edema. To some extent, this process is even desirable, since muscle cells, joints, and connective tissue benefit from this. A rapid, significant increase in muscle volume occurs, a strong increase in strength due to improved tolerance of pain, this also leads to hardening of the connective tissue, which often results in training without damage. The other side of the coin is that a large amount of water accumulates in the skin and in the blood. The first is more of a cosmetic problem, because swelling occurs under the eyes and on the cheeks, which gives the athlete a puffy look of a typical “Mordovorot”. ”The second aspect should still be taken more seriously, because excessive accumulation of water in the blood can lead to health problems. Since the body is overloaded with water, the heart and blood vessels pump more fluid than is normal, and as a result, high blood pressure can occur. The size of the water-salt retention strongly depends on the type of steroid taken and its dosage and on the genetic predisposition of each individual athlete. This aspect should be paid attention to both men and women. The size of the water-salt retention strongly depends on the type of steroid taken and its dosage and on the genetic predisposition of each individual athlete. This aspect should be paid attention to both men and women. The size of the water-salt retention strongly depends on the type of steroid taken and its dosage and on the genetic predisposition of each individual athlete. This aspect should be paid attention to both men and women.
Phenomena of feminization can become noticeable in athletes in the form of swelling of the mammary glands (gynecomastia), an increased tendency to fat accumulation and in the form of softened muscles.
The cause of these symptoms is aromatization, i.e. partial steroid convertibility to female sex hormones (estrogens). If the level of estrogen rose quite high, there may be female sexual characteristics. This problem is particularly acute as steroid use is discontinued if the athlete’s androgen level is low amid elevated estrogen levels. Here it is interesting that estradiol (estrogen) has an inhibiting effect on the male gonodal regular circle (see chapter: The Importance and Function of Testosterone.) It can be concluded that a high level of estrogen reduces its own testosterone production. The height of the estrogen level and the extent of manifestations of the effects of feminization depend on the dosage and type of steroid taken.
The decisive factor here seems to be a genetic predisposition, since some, for example, do not experience gynecomastia at all, while others already at 10 mg of Dianabol per day notice pain and swelling in the mammary glands. The addition of anti-estrogens such as Nolvadex, Proviron or Fidestrin helps in most cases. As you stop taking steroids, gynecomastia, as a rule, slowly retreats by itself. Since Many “sit on the needle” all year round, not uncommon – prompt removal of unwanted tissue in the chest. The high level of estrogen is the deadly enemy of any professional athlete, because despite the exceptionally low fat content, it is not possible to become truly strong and elastic. An excessive amount of estrogen has on athletes and direct,
It manifests itself in the form of acne. At the same time, the already existing acne aggravates, plus everything is new. Men tolerate it more easily than women. The formation of acne and its extent depend here on the genetic predisposition, the steroid taken and its dose. The sebaceous gland receptors have a high susceptibility to dihydrotestosterone (CT), so that they are the main cause of acne, because Steroids are partially converted in the body into dihydrotestosterone. This, perhaps, is the reason why injection testosterone, accompanied by Anadrol and Dianabol, is the causative agent of acne No. 1. Excessive work of the sebaceous glands leads to a more oily skin, and in combination with bacteria and dead skin scales, this mixture clogs the pores of the skin, which can lead to acne and acne, depending on the volume of these deposits.
In men, acne most often occurs on the back, shoulders and chest, less on the face, while in women it is mostly the face, back and shoulders. Based on the fact that we are talking about damage to the largest human organ – the skin, striking acne is for an outside observer a clear sign that the owner of acne takes steroids. For many, acne also creates mental problems that can lead to more serious problems if there are small scars and cavities on the face. Localized acne only on the face can be mitigated in its manifestations by topical application of benzyl peroxide, for example, or an ointment containing antibiotics. If large areas of the skin are affected, ultraviolet radiation (tanning beds) can help, as well as oral medication given by prescription, such as
Attention should be paid to the fact that oral antibiotics have an anti-anabolic effect and cannot be used with solar or ultraviolet radiation. Women can permanently lose their usually soft, tender skin, because skin with the use of predominantly androgenic steroids, anti-estrogens and excessive sun exposure becomes large-pore and coarse. The appearance of stretch marks and cracks in the shoulders and chest, the inside of the forearm and on the buttocks is also often observed in athletes taking steroids.
Both men and women, especially when taking anbrogenic steroids, with long-term use in high doses can manifest aggressive behavior. The advantage of this is that they can train more intensively. The disadvantage is that some are satisfied not only with this and direct their aggressiveness towards their environment and their loved ones. They are easily offended and explode, become intolerable, prone to faster explosions of temperament and manifestations of rage. In extreme cases, this can lead to a willingness to violence, which has already led to the destruction of relationships and marriages. The phenomenon is that some athletes get depressed when using steroids.
The reason, apparently, is that these athletes are prone to increased convertibility of the drugs they take into estrogens. Changes in mood and depression are explained by the fact that the male hypothalamus responds to the female hormone estradiol. The allegations that steroids make an athlete mentally dependent on them, and the end of their admission causes mental abstinence phenomena, is false. Steroids are not addictive.
These phenomena occur exclusively when taking oral, predominantly alkylated on 17-alpha steroids. Some athletes while taking Oxandrolone and Anapolon suffer from diarrhea, vomiting, bouts of nausea, and a feeling of heaviness in the stomach. Some athletes generally cannot take any pills. In some cases, this problem can be solved by taking pills with meals.
Steroids with appropriate genetic predisposition can accelerate baldness. Scalp receptors have a strong chemical affinity with dihydrotestosteroin (DHT), therefore, as with acne, it is primarily responsible for baldness, Steroids are converted in the body to a significant amount of DHT. And here in the first place are injectable testosterone and Anadrol. But other steroids, such as Masteren and Primobolan, can contribute to baldness. As a result of their use, balding patches and overall thinning of hair occur. It happens less often with women. This side effect is not reversible, hair restoration is excluded. It should be emphasized once again that a / a steroids do not automatically cause baldness themselves. But baldness can accelerate in athletes who are predisposed to it.
The ability to damage the cardiovascular system is also attributed to steroids. This theory is fueled by the fact that steroids can raise cholesterol and triglyceride levels. At the same time, it has been observed that a decrease in HDL (highly concentrated lipoprotein) and an increase in LDL (low concentrated protein) are possible. HDL protects the arteries in case of excessive deposition of cholesterol on their walls, eliminates it and transports it to the liver, which splits it. Therefore, a high level of HDL is desirable and athletes taking steroids with a low level of HDL are at increased risk of cardiovascular disorders. The rise of LDL, on the contrary, is undesirable, since LDL acts in a completely opposite direction, contributing to the deposition of cholesterol on the walls of the arteries.
Therefore, each athlete should regularly take a blood test and check the overall level of cholesterol in the blood, to be sure that he does not fall into this risk group. This risk is increased by a diet that is generally accepted when building up muscles (many calories, many fat, Fast Food and sweets). Adverse factors include stress, high blood pressure, high body weight, poor oxygen supply, and smoking. And yet here, the choice of steroid, its dose, duration of administration, and especially genetic predisposition are of crucial importance. Experience has shown that as the end of taking the drug, the changed indicators are restored within a few weeks. Although older athletes are primarily at risk, similar disorders are not excluded in younger athletes and women.
In this concept, all kinds of masculinization are combined, which athletes may suffer when taking a / a steroids. As in men, steroids cause suppression of the gonodal regular circle in women. Pituitary release of luteinizing hormone and FSH hormone is impaired, which manifests itself in amenorrhea, i.e. in the absence of menstruation million in an irregular menstrual cycle. As the drug is discontinued, this phenomenon becomes reversible.
The external manifestations of virilization are acne vulgaris, hirsutism (increased growth of hair on the face and legs), alopecia (androgen like hair loss), and structural changes in the male-type skin. Although these phenomena are reversible, it is possible that after stopping the use of steroids with an appropriate genetic predisposition, high doses, mainly androgenic steroids and their prolonged use, these phenomena will not pass. The first signs of possible virilization are often slight changes in the voice in the form of hoarseness. Decrease in voice timbre is an irreversible phenomenon and remains for a lifetime. Women must reckon with increased libido. Some have increased aggressiveness and depression at the end of the steroid course. The reason for increased aggressiveness is an increased level of androgens, while the cause of depressions is the reverse tarragon effect that arises when you stop taking steroids. Since estrogen production is suppressed due to the inhibition of the release of LH and FSH, at the end of the steroid course they can begin to increase production. If steroids are taken during pregnancy, masculinization of the female embryo is possible.
Manifestations and the overall picture of these phenomena strongly depend on genetic factors, doses, duration of administration, type of steroid. Despite the outstanding effect of steroids a / a, athletes must weigh the risks and benefits of their use, because some potential side effects are irreversible.
Taking steroids can inhibit growth processes in children and adolescents. In this regard, it is interesting that often short-term accelerated bone growth occurs. If you continue taking steroids, premature closure of epiphyseal adhesions at the ends of bones may occur, which will manifest itself in stopping the growth process. Further growth is excluded, so here we are talking about irreversible phenomena. Athletes – teenagers who decide to take steroids because of their vanity, should carefully consider this decision. The only steroid that does not create this serious problem is Oxandrolone (see chapter: Oxandrolone), so it remains to be hoped that its manufacturer will not suspend its production.
We can neither exclude nor argue the possibility of an enlarged prostate and its carcinomas as a result of taking steroids. Studies do not find parallels between these phenomena and the use of steroids. Since prostate problems occur mainly in older athletes, advice: if an athlete is over 40, you should abandon highly antigenic steroids. Most steroid manufacturers still recommend “regular rectal examinations of the prostate for prophylaxis” (instructions for use, Testovirone Depot, 250, Schering).
Occurrence of high blood pressure is often observed in athletes taking steroids. One of the main reasons for this must be the increased stress on the heart and blood vessels due to the often significant salt and water retention. The large weight of many athletes, the huge amount of food, heavy exercise such as knee flexion, push-ups, etc., during which breathing is delayed, can be favorable factors here. Tip: regular pressure measurement, it should be no higher than 130/90.
Whether the relationship between steroid use and cardiac muscle hypertrophy has not yet been clarified. And it is true that athletes taking steroids, as a rule, have a more strongly developed (more productive) heart muscle in comparison with untrained ones, but all athletes generally have a more developed heart muscle (athlete’s heart). “The problem of determining whether steroids affect cardiac muscle hypertrophy is that training itself already has a significant increase in heart muscle as a result, so it’s difficult to determine if steroids are involved in this increase” treatment, “Dr. Mauro G. di Pasquale, p. 47).
The effect of a / a steroids on the immune system has been proven. And yet does it mean its influence with increased incidence, for example, or its strengthening is a controversial issue. Since Steroids are taken, among others, by cancer patients and HIV-infected, it is quite possible to assume that they lead to a strengthening of the immune system at least during their administration. This is fueled by the testimonies of athletes who talk about increased immunity and less and less susceptibility to diseases while taking steroids. In the weeks after they stop taking, athletes are susceptible to increased cold soreness and influenza infections. Based on the fact that research has not been conducted here and it is mostly about subjective perceptions, it is impossible to make general conclusions.
The kidneys bear a huge load while taking steroids. They filter and excrete toxic decomposition products. High blood pressure and strong fluctuations in the body’s water-electrolyte balance can damage its functions for a long period. The emergence of William’s tumor of a rapidly growing kidney tumor, sometimes seen in athletes taking steroids, is normal only in infancy and childhood, and not in adults. Is there a relationship here? It is doubtful. And yet it is clear that some athletes darken urine while taking steroids, in extreme cases even blood appears. It seems, especially the former Finadget and the current Parabolan have a toxic effect on kidney function.
Other possible side effects when using a / a steroids are headaches, dizziness, malaise, increased risk of damage to muscles, joints, ligaments of the connective tissue, anaphylactic shock (life-threatening allergic reaction), abses at the injection site, an extended coagulation period.
The occurrence of side effects varies from athlete to athlete. At the same time, such factors as age, gender, genetic predisposition, physical and mental constitution, as well as doses, duration of administration and type of steroid used play an important role.
If you ask 10 different athletes how best to take steroids, get 10 different answers. Ask why, hear something like: “others do the same,” “I heard that the same drug is being taken by this or that professional”, “it’s written in the book that you’ll achieve fantastic results”, etc. These statements, unfortunately, reflect how things really are: hardly any athlete knows how to take steroids. What is the dose, how long to take? Is it better to try this combination or that one? If I knew it was the originals? Despite the fact that steroids have been used to increase achievements in sports for more than 30 years, most athletes, as before, are in the dark. Therefore, they are manipulated, influenced by them. There is no necessary information, because
As a result, there are often mistakes that lead to unsatisfactory results (if any, at all, these results appear) and to unnecessary side effects. Although the range of errors is large, we will cite some of them that are most often performed by athletes. Anyone taking steroids should carefully read this chapter in order to become confident that they will not be among the athletes who make such blunders.
- The use of too high doses. Bodybuilding athletes are extremists, like all athletes in general, they follow the rule “more is better”. If 5 tbl. good, 10 is even better. With such views, the side effects are wide open. The effectiveness of almost all steroids depends on the dosage, which is sufficient if the construction behavior of the steroid molecules and receptors is achieved. If the receptors of the muscle cells are saturated, the excess steroid molecules will find another target. Liver dysfunction, kidney problems, hair loss, acne, high estrogen levels, reduced endogenous hormone production, aggressiveness often grow out of high dosages. The so-called megadoses do not give an increase in strength and mass gains. And those that think
- Reception period too long. Improper use of steroids is not recommended for most athletes for two reasons. As with high doses, the risk of potential side effects increases. The possibility of organic damage is especially great with prolonged administration of oral alkylated on 17-alpha steroids. The impact of steroids taken decreases after a while, which again increases only with a short-term increase in doses or when changing steroids. Everyone should know that, the stronger the steroid, the faster its impact on the body decreases, so it makes less sense to take it for a longer time. With Anapolon 50, gains, judging by experience, are reduced already in 3-4 weeks, while the same results can be achieved with Deca in 10-12 weeks.
- Use of the wrong steroids. Steroids are not exactly steroids. A clear line should be drawn between highly androgenic toxic steroids, such as Anadrol, Methyltestosterone, Dianabol, Halotestin, etc. and less androgenic, predominantly anabolic, and slightly toxic, such as Primobolan, Deca-Durabolin, Oxandrolone, Andriol, and Winstrol. Since Only the use of the former is mainly associated with serious side effects, and it makes sense to limit their intake to 6–8 weeks. Women, adolescents, aged athletes and beginners in steroid courses should be especially careful with them. In addition, it is desirable that the public and the media pay attention to these differences in their sentences and articles.
- The choice of unfavorable regimens. The effectiveness of each steroid program is enhanced by the skillful choice of steroid combinations, because this achieves a synergistic effect. This means that with a low total dose, the best results are achieved. Various recipes are involved, the saturation of which is postponed and the steroid combination is valid for a longer time. At the same time, potential side effects are minimized. Instead of 50 mg of Dianabol per day, the athlete takes 20 mg + 200 mg of Deca-Durabolin per week. The best results – when combining oral steroid with injection. A lesser meaning is in combining 2 oral, for example, Dianabol with Aanapolone or Oxandrolone with Methyltestosterone. Since stimulating the synthesis of protein and improving metabolism in most steroids weakens after a few weeks, you should start with small doses and slowly and gradually increase them. Athletes using the steroid cycle for more than 6 to 8 weeks must completely switch to another combination. Another common mistake is a sudden discontinuation. Many side effects, the possible “reverse effect”, loss of strength and mass are minimized by a slow, gradual cessation of steroids. Do not back the course with potent steroids, such as Anadrol or testosterone. Another common mistake is a sudden discontinuation. Many side effects, the possible “reverse effect”, loss of strength and mass are minimized by a slow, gradual cessation of steroids. Do not back the course with potent steroids, such as Anadrol or testosterone. Another common mistake is a sudden discontinuation. Many side effects, the possible “reverse effect”, loss of strength and mass are minimized by a slow, gradual cessation of steroids. Do not back the course with potent steroids, such as Anadrol or testosterone.
- The use of fakes. It is very difficult to correct this error, because on the black market fakes apparently invisible. The reason for unsatisfactory results, or the lack thereof, of an unusual array of side effects are often fakes. Many are not sterilized, contain something else, are not dosed, or are a completely different steroid.
- Lack of desire for regular checkups at the doctor. Each athlete taking steroids must regularly take blood and urine tests, check blood pressure. Thorough examination is crucial. It is important that the first survey took place before the course, because It is determined whether the athlete can take any steroid or, based on his health, must give up some of them. In addition, it is possible to compare the post-course indicators with the original ones. A second survey is desirable after 5-6 weeks of taking steroids. Further reception depends on the results of the survey. And if everything is in order, then 4 weeks after the end of the steroid program, another examination should be conducted to check if small deviations have normalized.
- Neglect of external factors. The use of steroids in itself does not guarantee impressive results. Their impact depends on 4 factors that together have a synergistic effect and therefore are called the “magic quadrilateral”. Training, nutrition, rest and mood. And just when taking steroids, many athletes for some reason tend to neglect these essential prerequisites for good results.